Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pride and Prejudice

>> Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One of my all time favorite books is Jane Austen’s Pride & Prejudice. I found out a few weeks ago via Design*Sponge that Penguin Classics just came out with some beautiful new covers for some of their books. Pride & Prejudice is one of those books. Unfortunately, it is not available in the U.S.

Even though books are usually much better than movie adaptations, I do enjoy watching beloved characters come to life. I think that’s why I have avoided watching the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. The movie was on TV Sunday night, so I decided to watch it. It was just as I thought. The movie was not very good. I didn’t connect with the characters and Mr. Darcy, played by Matthew Macfadyen, did not have the desired swoon factor. I felt there was a lot of overacting and at times Elizabeth Bennet seemed as childish as her younger sisters.

If you’re looking for a good adaptation of Pride and Prejudice check out the 1995 TV mini-series. It was excellent. Colin Firth was a fantastic Mr. Darcy and Jennifer Ehle the perfect Elizabeth Bennet.

1 comments:

The Crazy Cat Lady December 6, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

I agree! I was very disappointed with the newest Pride & Prejudice with Keira Knightly as well. The Bennett family seemed so trashy and nosy, it was embarrassing. It's going to be hard to beat the Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I view the world as if I’m looking through the lens of a camera. I see photographs everywhere. I’m inspired by the simple and ordinary in our everyday lives. I see beauty in a pear and in the details of an old-fashioned door knob. Photography is my passion and I want to help people see the simple splendor that surrounds us.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP