Related Posts with Thumbnails

My First Camera

>> Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I didn’t have a camera of my own when I first started my photography class. Luckily, my father had some interest in photography and loaned me his Pentax K-1000. I love that camera and was devastated when it broke during one of my classes. I needed to have a camera to finish the class and instead of having it repaired, we decided it would be better to buy a new camera. I purchased a Canon Rebel. While the Rebel was a good camera, it just wasn’t the same. I eventually got my own Pentax K-1000 and my father had his repaired.

The K-1000 is a great camera and perfect for someone just starting out. It’s a manual camera, so you have to learn how to set the aperture and shutter speed. I now shoot with a digital camera and I still shoot on manual. I have no idea how to use any of the other settings on my camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I view the world as if I’m looking through the lens of a camera. I see photographs everywhere. I’m inspired by the simple and ordinary in our everyday lives. I see beauty in a pear and in the details of an old-fashioned door knob. Photography is my passion and I want to help people see the simple splendor that surrounds us.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP