Related Posts with Thumbnails

Adobe Photoshop

>> Wednesday, June 16, 2010

After I take my photographs, I load everything on the computer. I pick out my favorites and do some minor work in Photoshop: 

  • Color correct
  • Sharpen
  • Crop – I don’t crop my photos very often. I like to frame my subject in the camera. Sometimes even though I framed my subject in the camera, it just looks better cropped.
  • Convert to black and white – I don’t do this a lot either, but sometimes a photograph just has more pop in black and white. It’s not that I don’t love black & white, I kind of the let the photograph speak to me. If it’s right I’ll do it.
I took a few digital photography classes in college, so that’s how I got my start with Photoshop. A lot of it is just playing around and trying new things. The internet is a great source, if I have questions on how to do things. I also love Scott Kelby’s book The Photoshop CS2 Book. I haven’t used everything out of the book, but there are about 5 or 6 great tips that I use every time I process a photo in Photoshop. Definitely check it out!

1 comments:

Celtic Cat June 17, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

I use and love Adobe Elements! Haven't used the main Photoshop in a while.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I view the world as if I’m looking through the lens of a camera. I see photographs everywhere. I’m inspired by the simple and ordinary in our everyday lives. I see beauty in a pear and in the details of an old-fashioned door knob. Photography is my passion and I want to help people see the simple splendor that surrounds us.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP