Related Posts with Thumbnails

Logan Mat Cutter

>> Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another one of my favorite tools is my Logan 450 Mat Cutter. I haven’t used it in a while because I haven’t been doing as many shows, but it’s one of my must haves. The sizes of my photos aren’t always a standard size, so it’s nice to cut my own mats to fit my photographs. I have been creating my photographs in standards sizes recently because it does make it a lot easier for framing. Lately I have been cutting larger size mats and my mat cutter doesn’t accommodate bigger sizes. A new mat cutter has been on my wish list for a while.

Over the years I’ve learned that it’s a good idea to have your art matted if you’re going to be selling it to the public. I have been cutting my own mats for many years, but it is always a little nerve racking when you try it for the first time or if you haven’t done it in awhile. Do your research and find the mat cutter that will work best for you. You can purchase large sheets of mat board at your local art store and then cut it down to the size you need. If you’re not very good with math (I’m not at all!), get ready to learn about fractions and decimals. You’ll be doing a lot of measuring. I discovered a great website to help me along. And remember practice, practice, practice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I view the world as if I’m looking through the lens of a camera. I see photographs everywhere. I’m inspired by the simple and ordinary in our everyday lives. I see beauty in a pear and in the details of an old-fashioned door knob. Photography is my passion and I want to help people see the simple splendor that surrounds us.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP