Related Posts with Thumbnails

Before & After: Guest Room

>> Monday, November 3, 2008

Most new homes usually don’t have much style or character. This was true with our new home. While we liked the layout, the taupe walls just sucked the life out of me. Decorating our home has been a slow process since we moved in a few years ago. Although it’s been slow, I’m happy with what we have accomplished so far. I would like to share some of our before and after photos.
Before: The spare bedroom started as a place to dump boxes and other items that we didn’t have a place for. We really wanted a comfortable place for out-of-town guests to stay.


After: With the help of my mother, it is now a comfortable and stylish retreat.

I eventually want to add vertical stripes to the wall opposite the dresser. Like this:


I would love to see some of your before & after photos. Have a great week.


2 comments:

KriskropMemories November 3, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Wow I love the yellow. The room looks great!! I completely understand the need for change, it took me 5 years to update my house and I only finished it because my house is for sale.

nichole November 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Beautiful color! I want to repaint every wall in my house (and we just did a bunch last year), because I'm constantly inspired.

Loving your blog ... found it via bliss.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I view the world as if I’m looking through the lens of a camera. I see photographs everywhere. I’m inspired by the simple and ordinary in our everyday lives. I see beauty in a pear and in the details of an old-fashioned door knob. Photography is my passion and I want to help people see the simple splendor that surrounds us.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP