Related Posts with Thumbnails

Fingerless Gloves

>> Tuesday, February 3, 2009





When I take pictures I like to have control over everything. I use my camera manually, meaning I focus the camera myself and I choose what F-Stop and shutter speed to use to get my desired effect. This can be hard to do when you’re outside and its 30 degrees. Gloves aren’t really an option when I’m trying to push buttons, it just doesn’t work. I was out taking pictures one cold morning and my hands were getting so numb I had a hard time pushing the buttons to change the settings on my camera.

That’s when I discovered fingerless gloves. Now I’ve seen them before, but I always wondered why anyone would want fingerless gloves. Then I had my A-ha moment. Fingerless gloves would be great for taking pictures on cold days. I did some searching on Etsy and found some great options. These are perfect for photos on a cold day.

Fingerless gloves in Burned Orange

10 comments:

marin February 3, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

i love fingerless gloves! great for a frigid office too :)

i have some in my shop:
marin.etsy.com

Celtic Cat February 3, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

I use a brand called Writies for cold weather photography. They are not as lovely as yours!

~~ Lisa February 4, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

I carry fingerless gloves also! Check them out! http://www.tinkerandpo.etsy.com

Frau Zinnie February 5, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

ahhh yes I keep trying to crochet a good pair for myself! Everytime I finish I want to start a new one though! :)

Frau Zinnie February 6, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

I've given your blog an award! See my blog for details! http://bunnyluver930.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-first-blog-award.html
:)

Beaky February 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

Great blog and thanks for featuring my fingerless gloves, a must when photographing. I keep meaning to make myself a pair.
Bonita x

Cait February 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Granted, my fingerless gloves are not nearly this cute, but they are indispensable in really cold weather. If you can find any that have attached mitten flaps, then you're in business!

Matt Allen Photography February 24, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

I resorted to cutting the fingers off a pair of old work gloves when I went out shooting in the cold last month - these are MUCH better looking!

FAPORT International June 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Really beautiful love all the gloves, very cute!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I view the world as if I’m looking through the lens of a camera. I see photographs everywhere. I’m inspired by the simple and ordinary in our everyday lives. I see beauty in a pear and in the details of an old-fashioned door knob. Photography is my passion and I want to help people see the simple splendor that surrounds us.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP